Madrona Venture Group Leads Seed Round for Multi-Cloud Management & Governance SaaS Company
SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–MontyCloud Inc. today announced the availability of their Intelligent Multi-Cloud Management platform. MontyCloud’s new offering is an AI-driven SaaS platform that simplifies management and governance of modern cloud infrastructure, applications and services. MontyCloud deeply integrates with the native capabilities of the most popular cloud platforms, providing policy-driven, application-centric and consistent management across all of a customer’s cloud environments. MontyCloud supports Amazon Web Services (AWS) and will soon add support for Microsoft Azure and other cloud platforms. MontyCloud is now available as a public preview on the AWS Marketplace.
“As adoption of cloud services grows, customers are faced with growing complexity in managing their applications across cloud platforms, regions, and accounts,” commented Venkat Krishnamachari, co-founder and CEO. “MontyCloud helps customers efficiently manage their cloud-based applications providing policy-based management and governance consistently across all of their cloud environments.”
MontyCloud provides customers an intuitive, modern, management platform that unifies management activities across cloud environments:
- Inventory: Enables customers to discover what they have and understand how applications & owners map to cloud services & accounts.
- Automation: Enables customers to automate routine maintenance tasks for their cloud resources, and applications in just a few clicks.
- Governance & Compliance: Enables customers to secure their environments and insure compliance via policy-driven management. MontyCloud provides a comprehensive set of out-of-the-box policies and also supports customer authored policies.
- Provisioning: Enables customers to self-serve provisioning while insuring compliance with desired policies. MontyCloud provides blueprints allowing customers to easily define and customize cloud service provisioning.
- Monitoring: Enables customers to monitor with the full context of applications and organizational ownership.
MontyCloud’s platform is extensible and integrates with popular frameworks and solutions allowing customers to gain the benefits of the MontyCloud platform while leveraging existing content and skills. MontyCloud is built on a modern event-driven architecture enabling the application of AI & machine learning to improve automation and to provide actionable insights.
MontyCloud is built by cloud and enterprise industry veterans who work closely with cloud platform companies and customers to stay ahead of emerging needs and provide access to the latest platform capabilities. (See https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/mt/automating-routine-cloud-operations-with-aws-systems-manager-and-montycloud/)
Madrona Venture Group led this seed round which included investments from Lytical Ventures and Bob Hammer (Hammer Ventures).
“As enterprises actively embrace the cloud, they are finding that the effective management of their applications and infrastructure depend on a myriad of single purpose tools and native platform capabilities. MontyCloud has taken a fresh look at the growing complexity and offers a way to ensure that IT departments can manage all of their cloud environments in a consistent way,” said Ted Kummert, Venture Partner, Madrona Venture Group. “This is a growing issue for any modern enterprise and the early customer traction has been impressive.”
Many born in the cloud and traditional enterprise customers are currently using MontyCloud’s platform to simplify management of their cloud environments. You can learn more at https://www.MontyCloud.com. MontyCloud was formed by cloud veterans Venkat Krishnamachari, Kannan Parthasarathy and Venkat Hari. The company has offices in Seattle, WA and Bangalore, India.
Media contact: Erika Shaffer, firstname.lastname@example.org